SAGINAW, MI – Saginaw County’s administrative offices re-opened to the public in a limited capacity as of Monday, Feb. 1 on an appointment-only basis.
The county released a statement stating that it believes it can return to in-person transactions by appointment only while maintaining a safe environment for its residents and employees. Saginaw County Health Department Health Officer Christina Harrington reported a decline in daily COVID-19 positive cases and increased capacity at local healthcare facilities.
Visitors will be required to wear a mask or face shield and maintain social distancing while visiting the courthouse and county offices. The Saginaw County courts will remain closed to the public at this time as the reopening applies just to administrative offices at the county, according to the press release.
The 10th Circuit Court, 70th District Court, 10th Circuit Family Division, Probate Court and the county of Saginaw closed all its offices to in-person transactions on Nov. 18, 2020 due to the rapidly increasing number of COVID-19 positive cases in Saginaw County.
Many county services remain accessible online, via the U.S. Postal Service or the drop box located at the Saginaw County Governmental Center at 11 S. Michigan Avenue. Residents can go to the appropriate department’s webpage at www.saginawcounty.com to see which services are available online.
Those with questions regarding specific county services or those who would like to make an appointment for in-person transactions are asked to contact the appropriate county department by calling the numbers below:
- Animal Control 989-797-4500
- Board of Commissioners 989-790-5267
- Clerk’s Office 989-790-5251
- Commission on Aging 989-797-6880 or 1-866-763-6336
- Controller’s Office 989-790-5210
- Community Corrections 989-790-5584
- Equalization 989-790-5260
- Mosquito Control 989-755-5751
- Parks & Recreation 989-790-5280
- Personal Protection Orders 989-790-5412
- Personnel Department 989-790-5213
- Planning Department 989-797-6800
- Prosecuting Attorney 989-790-5330
- Prosecutor- DHHS Division 989-790-5588
- Public Works 989-790-5258
- Register of Deeds 989-790-5270
- Road Commission 989-752-6140
- Sheriff’s Office 989-790-5400 or 989-790-5420
- Treasurer’s Office 989-790-5225
More from MLive
Dow Bay Area Family YMCA offering six-week wellness challenge
Saginaw County vaccinates over 18,000 people for COVID-19
Nearly 1 mile of undeveloped Lake Huron waterfront slated to become a public park
Saginaw County moves to next phase of COVID-19 vaccine distribution
8 things to know if you want to grow or sell marijuana in Saginaw